Saturday, February 18, 2006

Week 5 - Back to School Storm

In light of the recent publication of the lovely Red Riding Storm of Series 5, I thought that I would concentrate on Series 3's Back to School Storm this week. I feel that she is overlooked somewhat when looking at all the variations of Storm. She hasn't really got a very explicitly 'goth' look with her white hair and blue make-up.
However, there are a lot of positives about this girl. I for one think that she is one of the more unusual looking dolls with her dazzling white hair. On a sunny day she looks absolutely stunning! I also love the blue colour scheme which she shares only with Angelina. Her outfit is so simple too - it really does resemble a normal school uniform, but Storm manages to pull the look off so well! It must be the big stomper boots she's wearing. In a way Storm has the stereotypical naughty school girl look - innocent but sexy!
The detail in the Series 4 dolls is astounding, and this can be seen in Storm's black nail varnish. This detail is so brilliantly done!
For those collectors who prefer the raven haired beauties, then there is a Crypt Club Exclusive of this doll. I love this version of Back to School Storm, but I have to say that the regular version is my favourite.